Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

New member of the family

We have added a new member to our family. He is very cute and a total puffball. Although when we had to put our 14yr old cat down we decided no more cats. Esp. with the big dog we now have. Unfortunately hubby had to work at the helping hands humane society and came in contact with the cute little fur ball in question. He then brought said fur ball home for the night to work on me. I was strong though and told him the kitten is cute as a button but no. Hubby was supposed to take the little guy back the next day but....When I got home that night from work found we had the new addition and it was firmly entrenched. Having seen this puffball, who's name Jean Pierre, snuggled in the arms of my husband and the pleading look he gave me, I relented. I know I tried but I'm not used to me having to be the strong one over an animal...sigh.
So. we get to chase the kitten and contently watch the dog since she thinks he is the best toy she has ever gotten and desperately wants to play with it. The kitten however is a demanding little stinker and whines at you when he wants to be held, which is most times, very unusual for a cat. I do melt though just like everyone else when he lays there purring in my arms. I know sucker, right? The dog is having a hard time though since the cat seems to be petted and played with more than her and she is not used to sharing her owners attention. Life can be so very funny sometimes! :)

Oh! and the kitten likes the Christmas tree, of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment